The aim of the Scholars Group is to encourage those students who achieved excellent GCSE grades to stretch themselves academically and to aim high in their university and career aspirations These students meet on a regular basis to follow a programme of activities designed to challenge and inspire academic achievement.
- Help and advice on university choices
- Attendance at Oxbridge seminars and other similar events
- The opportunity to discuss and share ideas with other academic students
- Sessions designed to build confidence in speaking and presentation in preparation for interviews
- Guidance on completion of their UCAS application and their personal statement
- Encouragement to participate in taster courses, summer schools and residential courses offered by some universities and other institutions
- Outside speakers and alumni to encourage students
- Enrichment opportunities
- Russell Group university reading lists
- MOOCs to target specific academic aspirations
- BMAT, UKCAT, LNAT and HAT admissions tests support
The Scholars Group provides support for those students who wish to access an aspirational university. It gives them the self-confidence, skills and guidance to help them achieve their highest potential.